We’ve updated how we do things to get the best results for you.
Welcome to Tax Time 2020. What a year it has been. With all these changes and new short cuts to claiming items, we’re changing up how we assist you this year. Instead of needing to enter all your info in and wait for your Accountant to get in contact, our accountants will assist you on the spot over the phone.
We’re doing it this way to get better and quicker results for you. There are many changes and short cuts for claiming items this year. To make sure you maximise all claims, we go throught the details with you and ensure you’re claiming everything you can correctly. Much better than having to read pages of information and then guess at what is available and what applies to you. This way your Accountant can get your return reviewed with the Tax Agent and then lodged with the ATO quicker.
New in 2020
- Phone based interview to complete your return.
- Quick returns for quicker refunds.
- Family and group discounts.
- Access to new deductions.
- After hours appointments are available.
What stays the same?
- You can still access your GYTBO account, add secure documents, review prior year information and send your Accountant a secure message.
- All resources and tips are still available to you.
- Secure payment methods are available via your account.
- Something more complex like investments or business – no worries, we can still help.
- Dedicated resources for Defence personnel are still available.
- Access discounts for referrals.
What are the key dates?
5 July 2020 – ATO commences full processing of 2020 returns.
16 July 2020 – ATO expects to start paying refunds from this date.
21 July 2020 – Lodge and pay June BAS if submitting monthly.
28 July 2020 – Lodge and pay Q4 BAS if submitting quarterly.
31 October 2020 – Due date for individual tax returns unless you’re already listed with a tax agent like GYTBO.