What tips on security can I access?
- See the ATO tips for protecting your personal information and for avoiding tax scams here at ATO Online Security
- Make sure that your browser is up to date and the latest security updates have been installed.
- GYTBO will not request you to send any private and personal details via text or email. These tools may be used by GYTBO for general communication purposes only. Direct communication with your GYTBO accountant may occur via email if this is your preferred method.
Tell me what GYTBO is doing to help?
- We hold an SSL certificate with 256 bit encryption.
- We use a Level 1 PCI Compliant Payment Gateway to process credit card details and payments. GYTBO does not hold or store any credit card data. This is encrypted and stored in the Payment Gateway providers database who are experts in this area. Our Payment Gateway provider is located in Australia.
- GYTBO holds a current subscription to the Australian Governments’ ‘Stay Smart Online Alert Service’ which provides immediate and up to date information about the latest online safety and security risks and solutions.
- Internal Security policy. We may want to make your user experience as easy as it can be on the front end but don’t be fooled – we take security seriously and as a result we have a strict internal security policy that all staff adhere to.
- Correspondence with the ATO via AUSkey security credential.
That’s great but give me the fine print and the details:
Below are the full legal bits and pieces. By the way - sorry it’s long-winded but the lawyers sleep better at night with it this way!
Just quickly, some Definitions for you:
- We, Us, Our and GYTBO refers to The TAXn Trust (ABN: 11 596 835 447) trading as ‘GYTBO’.
- You, Your, Client and User refers to you as the individual client and user of the site and service.
- ATO refers to the Australian Tax Office.
- Services refers to any services and/or products that are supplied by Us to You pursuant to your order and any other services and/or products supplied by Us incidental to the supply of any or all of the services and/or products ordered by You.
General Terms & Conditions – Use of the site (what you agree to by using our site)
By accessing the site and registering with GYTBO, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You are the person that you say you are and you will not represent yourself as someone else, engage in any fraudulent activities and your use of the site will not violate any law.
- You agree that data or any other material accessed through the site will be used for personal use only and not on behalf of, or to provide services to, a third party.
- You acknowledge by registering your details with GYTBO that it is your intent to use the services of a tax agent for lodgement of your Australian tax information and that you will not use the GYTBO site for any other intent. You will be required to agree to be bound by the payment and lodgement terms and conditions upon completion and submission of your details.
- You will keep your password to the site secure, and ensure that no person other than yourself accesses the site using your credentials.
- You will notify GYTBO immediately should you believe that your personal security or credentials have been compromised.
- You accept and authorise that upon completion and submission of your information, you will be subject to payment and lodgement terms and conditions along with relevant policies that may form part of these terms and conditions.
- You acknowledge and agree that GYTBO may terminate your password or account or deny you access to all or part of the site without prior notice if you engage in any conduct or activities that GYTBO in its sole discretion believes infringe any terms and conditions you are bound by or any other behaviour deemed inappropriate for continued access.
- You acknowledge that GYTBO endeavours to take reasonable care in preparing and maintaining the information on the site however we do not warrant the accuracy, reliability, adequacy or completeness of any of the site content.
- You must ensure that all information entered and submitted by you is complete and accurate at all times during the term of your use.
- You acknowledge that any details provided on the site are there to guide your return completion. GYTBO does accept responsibility for the information provided by you on your return.
- You acknowledge that GYTBO is relying on the completeness and accuracy of data entered by you, and if you do not provide complete and accurate data and information, GYTBO may be unable to provide services within service standards or at all.
- To the extent permitted by law GYTBO disclaims all liability for loss either directly or indirectly arising from your use of or reliance on the site and the site content.
- You will retain a copy of all data that has been entered through the site, so that all such data can be recovered by you if that data can no longer be accessed through GYTBO. You acknowledge that the act of entering data and information is not a substitute for relevant and applicable ATO evidence requirements.
- You acknowledge that GYTBO endeavours to make the site and services available at all times however we do not warrant that this will be the case nor do we guarantee that access to the site will be uninterrupted.
- You acknowledge that any estimated timeframe advertised or disclosed by GYTBO for receipt of a refund is not a guarantee. All returns are subject to review by GYTBO and the Australian Tax Office. You agree that GYTBO is not liable for any delays. A tax refund may be delayed for a number of reasons such as but not limited to inability to contact you for further details, ATO analysis and matching of reported information, occupation driven reviews, identity and fraud detection as well as details of focus within the current ATO compliance program.
- You acknowledge and agree that the estimate provided is just that and that it is provided without warranty of any kind. The estimate is subject to the accuracy of information provided, legislative changes and ATO amendment.
- You acknowledge and agree that GYTBO has no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of information provided by linked sites. Links to external web sites do not constitute an endorsement.
- You acknowledge that nothing in this agreement is intended to give you any Intellectual Property Rights to material accessed through the site or any other Intellectual Property Rights of GYTBO.
- You will not attempt to violate the security of the GYTBO site. This includes any attempts to download source code, propagate malicious programs or viruses, or interfere with the operation of our systems.
- You accept and authorise that GYTBO will monitor your use of the site and our services and may use information relating to your use to tailor products or services to you.
- You acknowledge and agree to be subject to all relevant policies and terms and conditions of GYTBO required in order to access, make use of, process and complete services.
- You acknowledge that nothing contained within the content of this site constitutes accounting or financial advice.
- Terms and Conditions provided on the GYTBO site are governed under the applicable Australian law. GYTBO reserves the right to amend any other terms and conditions and policy detail related to the use of this site and access to services at any time.
Version 3.1, Last Updated 28 June 2016
Security of Personal Information
GYTBO currently uses 256 bit SSL encryption. We hold a Standard SSL certificate provided by GoDaddy. See the McAfee Secure logo at the bottom of the page.
GYTBO regularly reviews developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although GYTBO strives to protect such information, GYTBO cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to preserve the security of the information in our own systems.
We strongly encourage you to update your web browser software and computer operating system frequently.
Gytbo.com.au works on all Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. The security of your private information may be compromised by your own choice of software and whether you keep it up-to-date by installing the manufacturer's/software developer's suggested updates.
Some browsers are known to be at higher risk. Older browsers such as Internet Explorer (versions 9 and older) are out-of-date and should not be used; they should be updated immediately and free updates are available from Microsoft. Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows 95 and Windows 3.1 are no longer supported or updated by Microsoft, Those systems are no longer receiving security updates, therefore it is generally recommended you should not use them to enter or store your private information (or at all).
The information that we will collect about you will depend on how you use the facilities offered by the GYTBO website.
If you visit an unsecure area of the GYTBO website (that is, an area where you are not required to log on) to read, browse or download information, our system may record the date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. However, our systems will not record any personally identifiable information.
If you decide to use one of our online services, such as our tax return form, our system will record all information you enter during your use of the GYTBO website.
The GYTBO website may also contain links to the websites of third party providers of goods and services ("Third Party websites"). If you have accessed Third Party websites through the GYTBO website and if those third parties collect information about you, GYTBO may also collect or have access to that information as part of our arrangements with those third parties.
The GYTBO website may periodically be promoted using online display advertising and remarketing tools connected with Google Analytics. GYTBO and third-party vendors, including Google and Microsoft, may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on individuals' past visits to this website. This is intended to help make ads relating to this site more relevant to people who have or have not visited this website and to minimise ads displayed to people who may not need the services of this site. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using Google's Ads Settings.
GYTBO respects the choice of any individual to opt out of common web tracking systems and encourages concerned individuals to investigate the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Third Party websites should have their own privacy statements and those third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
We use "cookies" as a fundamental part of our interaction with your Internet browser. The purpose is to provide you with better and more customised service and with a more effective and efficient website.
A "cookie" is a small text file placed on your computer by our web server. A cookie can later be retrieved by our web servers. Cookies are frequently used on almost all websites and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your web browser.
How we Handle Email
We will preserve the content of any email that you send us, if we believe that we have a legal requirement to do so. Your email message content may be monitored by our employees for security issues including where email abuse is suspected; our response to you may be monitored for quality assurance issues. GYTBO will not request you to provide sensitive information such as bank details, credit card details or your tax file number via email.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We will only use or disclose personal information or information generated by cookies in accordance with this Security and Privacy Statement and specific and additional provisions relating to privacy which apply to certain areas of the GYTBO website.
Like any business, we fall under the law. We will be obliged to divulge personal information if requested by a government agency with the proper authorisation, like a court order.
Version 2.1, Last Updated 28 June 2016
Terms & Conditions – Payment
- All services selected by you will be charged to you. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you and through your account, credit card and/or other payment mechanism at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred.
- You authorise GYTBO to recover fees owed to GYTBO as a result of services selected and rendered.
- You acknowledge that should GYTBO be unable to recover the fees owed by you, GYTBO is entitled to pursue all reasonable means in order to claim what is owing and that any fees related to the activity of fee recovery will be passed onto you.
Merchant and Payment Gateway Specifics (ie. if you selected to pay by Credit Card):
- Upon purchase of a service you may be asked by the merchant or gateway service provider to supply certain information, including credit card or other payment mechanism information. You agree not to hold GYTBO liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings with any merchant or gateway service provider through the site. You agree that all information you provide any merchant or gateway service provider through the site for purposes of making payment for services will be accurate, complete and current.
Fee From Refund Specifics:
- By selecting this payment option, you submit to GYTBO that you fully expect to receive a refund from the ATO, that you have no known liabilities to the ATO or any other Australian Government agencies and that you will accept liability for fees owed should your refund not be processed by the ATO.
- By selecting this payment option, you authorise us to pay any outstanding amounts including fees and charges from your tax refund. You acknowledge that as part of this process your refund is paid into our trust account with the balance of your refund remitted to your nominated bank details.
- You agree that all information you have provided in order for this process to occur is true and correct.
- You acknowledge that whilst GYTBO will take every reasonable step to process the balance of your refund within service times, GYTBO will not be liable for any delay of refunds associated with the processing including but not limited to bank processing times.
- You acknowledge that following the result of the ATO assessment should fees owed to GYTBO no longer be recoverable via the fee from refund option for any reason that you are still liable to pay for services provided to you by GYTBO. You further agree that accounts not settled within the specified period may incur interest charges at a rate no less than 15% per annum.
- You agree that the bank details supplied by you are true and accurate and that they relate to the account to which you would like your refund processed.
- You agree that GYTBO cannot be held liable for inaccuracies in bank information supplied by you and whilst GYTBO will support you in every way reasonable to recover any missing amounts resulting from inaccurate details, we cannot guarantee these amounts.
This Refund Policy forms part of the terms and conditions of payment
Upon submission of your tax information and selection of payment method, a refund of the fees in most circumstances will not be considered. Certain variations may apply at the discretion of GYTBO and in line with Australian Consumer Law. Under Australian Consumer Law we are not required to provide a refund if you change your mind. A refund may be considered if you attempt to cancel your submission before services are provided or if there is a major problem with the services that we have provided. Should a problem with the service not be considered major, GYTBO will work with you to rectify the issue in a reasonable timeframe. If GYTBO is unable to rectify the situation within a reasonable timeframe, a refund may be considered appropriate. We define services as being provided once our tax accountants commence review of your information and/or we attempt to contact you regarding your information via email or telephone. The ATO’s decision to enquire, hold, delay adjust and/or audit your information is outside of our service control and does not constitute a problem with services.
Terms & Conditions – Lodgement
- You agree that by selecting to submit your information to GYTBO this constitutes the authorisation for GYTBO to act as your tax agent and that you are requesting and authorising GYTBO to lodge your tax return with the ATO.
- You submit that the information provided by you to GYTBO for the purposes of review and electronic lodgement is true and correct and that selecting to submit your information to GYTBO constitutes an electronic signature to this effect.
- You agree that we can cease acting for you as a client at any time should your accounts be outstanding, or if in our opinion, the trust and confidence in our working relationship has broken down.
Terms & Conditions – Audit Protection
- You agree that Audit Protection relates to audit services specific to the year that Audit Protection was purchased for and that this does not extend to other tax years.
- You agree that Audit Protection services mean that you wish GYTBO to act as your representative in consultation with the ATO along with guidance and support for responses required to ATO requests related to this unless you withdraw this authorisation in writing.
- You agree that Audit Protection expires once the relevant term that the ATO require you to retain any data with reference to your taxation activities is exhausted. You acknowledge that this is generally accepted as 5 years and unless otherwise agreed in writing this will be the term considered to be relevant by GYTBO.
- You acknowledge and agree that any documentation or records required by the ATO for a selected year are your responsibility to produce alone and that GYTBO has no requirement to retain these details.
- You agree that should no services relating to audit activity be required for the selected year, the service warranty will simply expire and no return of fees are due to you.
- You acknowledge that Audit Protection does not relate to User or ATO initiated amendments.
- You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to maintain your contact information with GYTBO and ensure that it is current and accurate in order for GYTBO to provide this service. You agree that should GYTBO take all reasonable steps over the shorter of ATO response dates and/or reasonable time frames in order to contact you that GYTBO has fulfilled its responsibility until such time that the service be indicated again prior to expiry.
- You agree that GYTBO is not liable for any penalties, fees, charges or the like that the ATO may apply as a result of their audit program and warrant that selection of Audit Protection does not equate to discharge of any liability that the ATO may deem you to have.
Version 3.1, Last Updated 22 March 2017